I like to experiment with tools and software because I am passionate about improving the way someone can execute a task in less time with better result. This usually creates the results of improving project performance and over time a seamless workflow.
About a year ago my friend Nicko hired us to help him with re-launching his website for his very well known New York Greek Food Truck Uncle Gussy’s. If you know a food truck or restaurant owner or are one yourself you can understand that no matter how busy it gets you need to wear multiple hats to make the establishment a successful venue.
Our biggest challenge was making sure we could create a series of steps where Nicko could follow along and still not sacrifice the experience of those visiting the truck. With multiple improvements to the website we were able to become a support system for Nicko when he needs it most.
Our first objective was to get him on a platform that would be easy to manage for everyone since the teams would be remote. We chose WordPress on the Genesis Framework with a series of premium plugins like Gravity Forms to create a workflow around our business goals.
Give Website Visitors the Information they Want
Initially we wanted to make sure people could understand basic things that some food truck and restaurants forget like where to find the food truck, how to get to the food truck, who is cooking, what times they operate, and the most importantly the food on the menu.
Creating the Uncle Gussy’s Food Truck Online Ordering System
The second goal was attempting to create an online ordering system to manage orders and increase the ability to serve more people without sacrificing quality.
Swiping a card can take a few additional seconds when you have a queue of people waiting for an hour for your delicious greek food. Every second counts to enhance and improve the customer experience which in return will also impact revenue in a positive way.
Increasing Reach and Direct Communication with the Client
Third was making sure we could reach clients on online platforms and more importantly growing the email list. This also allows us to contact customers directly and send Uncle Gussy’s clients anything from a secret menu item to their specials certain days of the week.
Our Milestones so Far
Here is a quick recap of what we have done for Uncle Gussy’s because they have allowed us to work with them.
1. Increase frequency of visits from regulars by continuing the conversation long after they left our food truck and had their meal.
2. Create their own online Food Truck ordering system integrated with their website where they don’t have to depend on third parties or pay hefty transaction fees on those established platforms.
3. Increase requests for catering events which are more profitable for the food truck. We optimized the website for SEO regarding those seeking catering events near the New York City area. We’ve also helped Uncle Gussy’s manage their Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns across Google Ads and Facebook ads.
4. Up-selling via the online orders via images and the right format, we are able to create a higher average transaction for the Food truck by making an easier interface for individuals to add more food goodies to their order.
5. Increased the reach via online platforms from increasing twitter followers to an engaged Facebook community, each time they appear on Mainstream TV we get messages from all platforms. Even tourists write to us to say they will visit Uncle Gussy’s food truck on their visit to New York City.
Long Road of Opportunities
There are many objectives for the Food Truck and we are still working with Nicko and his business partners to ensure a successful plan. But in just a year, we have been able to help Nicko take his food truck to another level. With the right support and customized tools, Nicko has been able to focus more on growing his business and being a leader in his industry while we are taking care of the heavy lifting of creating the right online experience for the Uncle Gussy’s Food Truck Community.
Like Uncle Gussy’s Food Truck, we have a few other success stories in and outside the food service industry we would like to share with you.
How can we help you take your business to the next level?